Thursday, December 18, 2008

God, The Bigot

I'm not the most religious person. In fact, organized religion has never been a part of my life. I know a tiny bit about the religion of my birth, Judaism, and even less about Christianity. The little I know about Christianity comes from reading and talking with those who are guided by it's principles. 

Now I don't want to pigeonhole anyone and I know Christianity, just like most other religions, is a nuanced set of beliefs that varies from one subset to the next, but I just can't wrap my head around the sheer hypocrisy of some of it's followers. 

How can one preach love and acceptance and in the same breath deny commitment to countless adults? How can one be so dedicated to living life as a moral human being yet be so determined to prevent others from living their lives as they see fit? 

Since when was anyone's religion the rule of our land? 
If I ever do find myself a believer in a higher being it sure as hell won't be to a bigoted deity. 





No comments:

Post a Comment